How to Tell You’re Addicted
I get addicted easily. To what you might ask?
- Cigarettes? Nope – only tried them a few times, and didn’t like them much (except when my friend I had a crush on in high school took a drag and then blew it into my mouth very seductively 😉 ).
- Alcohol? No again. In my early 20’s I used to drink with friends, but it got old, and I much prefer having control over my body.
- Drugs? No way! Would never touch the stuff!
- Sex? No. I love sex – don’t get me wrong – but I am not addicted.
So what is it? Television. There, I said it. There first step to overcoming something is to admit you have a problem! (not that I would ever want to overcome this addiction).
This is what happens: D gets busy with studying and taking classes toward her degree, and I am left with a lot of alone time. In some ways I don’t mind this, but I do miss my wifey 😦
A few years ago she was taking her first classes and Big D was busy isolating himself from the world and being a moody teenager (thankfully he grew out of that!), so I stumbled upon Skins UK. I immediately fell in love with it and watched it over and over for months. Sadly, there were only two seasons I was interested in, so that addiction faded. I still watch it again from time to time, but I am pretty much over it.
I mentioned a few posts back about my new addiction: Lost Girl. I am very heavily addicted to this show! I can’t stop watching it! Season 3 is airing now, but seasons one and two are on Netflix and I am obsessed! Here is how I know I am addicted:
- I have watched seasons one and two almost 3 times all the way through (that’s roughly 35 episodes)
- I bring my Kindle Fire to work so that I can watch my favorite episodes and scenes over again (It’s making me fat since I should be walking during my lunch break 😉 )
- I am dying to watch all the season 3 episodes again, but stupid Com*cast deletes them off of On Demand after a few weeks
- All I can think about on Tuesdays is that I can watch the new episode that night on the DVR
- The season finale is in 2 weeks (no episode next week – how will I survive??) and then I am not sure what I will do. Hopefully season 3 eps will be added to Netflix soon! Thank maude they have been picked up for season 4!!!
Okay, so some of this is in jest – I do have a life outside of Lost Girl – but I can honestly say that this show is the best written and acted show I have seen in a very long time. I know I mentioned it before in a post, but I am serious that you need to see this show!
I mean, how could you see this and not want to watch:
The girl on girl action is only one part of why I love this show so very much, but OMG, how can you not think that’s hot?? And that’s just the new character they added this season: Tamsin. Tamsin is HOTT!!
But the best reason to watch Lost Girl is the storyline about Lauren and Bo’s relationship. It’s so genuine, soft and loving. It is by far, the best portrayed story of two women in love that I have ever seen on TV. It tops all the big guns: The L Word, South of Nowhere, even my beloved Lip Service. They don’t portray it for just the sex. It’s about the love between the two. (Yes, I know the gif above is of Bo kissing another girl, but if you watched, you would see why and how it totally fit that scene.)
Can you tell I am bored at work?? LMAO! Thankfully the day is almost over – I am having LG withdrawals 😉 (just kidding)
Life, outside of my LG addiction, is going well. Really well in fact, which is why all I have to write about is TV. My brothers came to visit this past weekend – for the first time since my parents moved – and it was awesome! We had some drinks (my first in about a year) and just gabbed all night about our parents’ situation and we are all on the same page. We played some basketball and ate dinner together. It felt good to relate to my brothers and my sister-in-law. I have felt like I have no family for several months (besides D and Big D) so it was nice and we will do it again 🙂
So what about you? What’s your addiction?