It’s been a while….sorry about that! What we’ve been up to since I last posted:
- Big D came home from his trip where he apparently met lots of cute girls and gained one awful sunburn. (He packed his sunblock and put it on the bus absentmindedly on the last day there. He will tell you it was well worth it though, since that was the day he met – and apparently kissed- a really cute girl.) He came back feeling very confident and ready to go to college NOW!
- I painted the dining room. Thus far in the last month we have painted 3 rooms in our house!
- Cleaned the pool and got it up and running.
- While cleaning the pool, I stepped backwards right into the wheelbarrow that D parked behind me, and therefore now have the gnarliest bruise on the back of my left leg. It’s since turned my favorite color (purple), but I believe it will soon be turning my least favorite color (yellow). It’s about the size of a fist and consequently D has told me that I am not allowed to wear shorts until it heals, for fear that people will think she is beating me 🙂 I am just a klutz though, and since we have been doing so much work on house projects, both legs have bruises all over them.
- BIG D GRADUATED!!!!!!!! OMG, I never thought this day would come! The ceremony was supposed to be outdoors, but was moved inside the gym. They were having awful problems with the microphone, and most of the speeches were really dull (it was an hour and a half long for 35 students), but at the end of it he had his diploma in hand, and we couldn’t be more happy or proud!
- Had Big D’s graduation party! We had about 25 people over. It threatened rain all day. D went off to his Project Graduation thing at 9:15 pm and we stayed partying for a while. At around 10:00 the wind all of a sudden picked up, and it started down pouring and didn’t stop all night. Needless to say, most people left at that time, but D’s brother, his wife, their pregnant daughter and her baby daddy stayed for a bit. They left around 11:15. D and I quickly cleaned up, vacuumed, went out in the rain to get all the coolers in, and plopped down for a bit in front of the TV. We went to bed around 1:00 am. Big D got back at 5:00 am.
- We got up at 7:00 am on Saturday, couldn’t hack it, and went back to bed at 9:00 am and slept until noon. We got up again and I felt like I was under water for a few more hours- tired, groggy, out of it. Conclusion: I am too old to have parties and stay up that late! 2 years ago when we got married, it took me a good week to fully recover.
- Spent all of Sunday relaxing by – and in -our pool, and spent the whole day thinking about how lucky we are for all we have. Laying on a tube in the pool floating around, I kept saying “this is the life!” It is. It so is 😉