The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
The wonderful blogger over at be.love.live nominated me for this award 🙂 Here are the rules:
1. thank the blogger who nominated you for the award
Liz is someone I “met” recently through her blog. She nominated me a while ago, but life got in the way and I am only now getting to thank her properly. If you haven’t read her, please run over there right now and do so! It’s okay, I’ll wait 😉 Back? Good! I know you can now see what a great gal she is. She is an excellent writer, but what really impresses me is that she is religious, but she does not discriminate against anyone. (If you’ve read me for a while, you’ll know why this is a big plus!) She is accepting and always listens to her reader’s opinions. Liz, you are one of a kind! Thank you again!
2. share 7 things about yourself
- I am an avid reader and soak up everything I can. I love reading blogs, books, web articles, just about anything! If it’s interesting, I want to read it!
- I love writing as well, and when I was 5 years old I told my parents I wanted to be a writer (this is still a dream of mine!)
- I’ve broken both of my wrists in childhood accidents, one when I fell off my bike and the other when I hit a tombstone while sledding in the cemetery! (FYI – this is so not a good idea – in case you wanted to try it :))
- I’m the youngest of 5 (3 bothers and 1 sister)
- I had an imaginary friend named “Christina” when I was little. I don’t remember actually seeing her. I think I just pretended because all my friends had one. (Kind of like when I dated guys – didn’t want to, didn’t feel anything – but I did it because I was supposed to want to, and because all the other girls were!)
- When I was in high school my 2 best friends were the foreign exchange students in my junior and senior year. (My school had too many cliques, and these girls were so much fun!)
- I’m a little too trusting sometimes. I like just about everyone until they do something that makes me realize I shouldn’t 🙂
3. nominate 7 bloggers for the award
Mel at Silly Wrong But Vivid Right – Mel is an awesome writer and someone I can always count on to give me constructive writing criticism and join in on my silly writing challenges (I’m still working on yours Mel!). I started reading her when she had her travel blog over a year ago. She is funny, nice and just plain cool. You must check her out!
Sweet Mother Lover – Oh my goodness – this woman HILARIOUS! I found her recently when she was Freshly Pressed. You will not regret reading this blog! I suggest putting on some Depends before you go over there though 😉
Giraffe on a Stick – I “met” this blogger through Mel. Giraffe and I have very similar living situations and I really feel like we can learn a lot from each other. I am so glad I found her blog!
love plus love equals marriage – I’ve been reading this blog since before her oldest son was born (he’ll be 3 on May 1st). Excellent two mommy blogger – and she has 2 little cute boys!
The Writer Says – This blogger is awesome. She writes a lot about dating in this big, bad, scary world – but her regular posts are great reads too. In fact, she just blogged about how people find her – Ha! I’m sending more people your way my blog friend! (And this time not ones that are looking for Naomi’s armpit hair :))
An Offering of Love – I found this blog a while back and I am hooked! It’s about a 2 mommy household with one set of twins, a singleton and another on the way! I love reading about other people’s adventures in parenthood.
Marinating on Life – Defining a Family – Last but not least. I found this blog not too long ago and love following along as these mommies raise their beautiful twins.
I hope you get a chance to check them out!
I’ll be doing a new post soon (probably a writing challenge one). But in the meantime:
- Big D has started his job and loves it so far.
- The school is THANKFULLY no longer striking (although they are on spring break now – went back for two days and then had break).
- A friend of mine is questioning her sexuality after being with men her whole life (she’s 40), so D and I have been chatting with her about that. I’ll probably do a post on that soon too.
- D is feeling MUCH better after switching to a new antibiotic on Friday
- Life is trucking along nicely and I am madly in love with my wife!
Thanks for stopping by!