I have been very busy since I have gotten back from my vacation. Work has been so crazy! Some things happening this fall:
- D and I have started up our exercise routine again. We did this last year too, and we have gotten complacent as of late. So, we are getting up at 5:00 am and doing a video or making up our own routine. We are eating healthier and still walking on our lunch breaks and after work. It is only the second day, but I feel better already! It’s not necessarily to lose weight, but to tone up again and just feel good. (Although if I lost 10-15lbs in the process, I wouldn’t cry!)
- D and I will be taking a Seminar in Advocacy course together. I am so excited for this course! We get to be a part of the student group that combats domestic violence, rape, stalking, etc. We will have a 3-day training at the end of September and it will be so cool!
- D does not yet have a degree, so she is slowly working toward it. She’s going for a Bachelors Degree in Sociology with a concentration in Power and Conflict, and a minor in Women’s Studies. This semester she will be doing that course and a 12 credit Internship, so we/she will be BUSY!
- Big D is playing football again. He has 2-a-day practices this week. Yesterday he called me to tell me he “puked” after practice because they ran for 2 hours. (He is fine) I laughed and said, “That’s what you get for sitting on your butt all summer!” He laughed and agreed. He said he’s having a great time. He loves to be active!
- Big D needs to get all four wisdom teeth pulled and has an appointment to do so a week from today. So in a week he will not be so wise 🙂 He is a bit early with this as most people are between the ages of 17 and 24 when they get them out. This also means he will have to take a week off football to heal, and will be going back to school with a swollen and bruised face.
- There is a novel writing contest that happens in November. Apparently you try to write 50,000 words in a month. I am bummed I can’t participate since my work is so busy in November and I will be too stressed. I plan to achieve this in a different month.
- Oh, and one more thing: We found out at the end of last week that “The Donor” is back in jail. Ha! He will never change! He hasn’t called in months and it’s been bliss, but I get an email when he is taken in or released from jail.
So, that’s about all that’s been going on! What’s been going on with you?