I almost forgot to come up with a title!
It’s been a long time since I have posted anything with substance, so I’ll try here:
- Having the exact work schedule as my wife has been very awesome/weird:) We have gotten to have “Date Day Saturday” for a few weeks now, but I am still getting used to being home at the same time all the time! We are creatures of habit, so it seems a little weird still! (But it really has been amazing!)
- Little D is doing really great! Although he did have another little problem with J. J is a senior, and apparently he is putting a family picture of ours on his yearbook page. It doesn’t come out until May, but Little D’s friend is on the committee and showed it to him. He was so angry and afraid of being picked on. At first I thought it was because it was on J’s page, but it turns out it’s the whole “I have two moms” thing. He said he knows he shouldn’t be angry, but he is really worried about a few people picking on him. This is the first time this has come up in this way, but we have a few months before anything happens, and like I told him, everyone that matters in his life already knows and is cool with it. We let him know it was okay to leave the room (even the classroom) if someone is picking on him and go right to the Principal and call us. He was so mad he was thinking about possibly using his fists to defend us, but we made it clear that that is not the way to go about it. I guess we’ll see in May what happens!
- Our little “Smelly Cat” is no longer smelly since she got a few of her teeth pulled a few months back. But now she has a new problem, she has licked a big patch of hair off her belly. The vet said it was allergies (possibly to ragweed) when I took her in, but that was months ago, and she’s still doing it! We haven’t changed anything in her environment or her food….has anyone else dealt with this? She seems fine otherwise and is her happy, playful self.
- Work has been VERY busy, but I am enjoying my new responsibilities. I love being a Coordinator now! I can’t wait to see how much more I will be making each pay period. Damn, this process is SLOW. But, I am getting my new pay and back pay this week, so that’s great news!
- It was -22 degrees here this morning. You did not read that wrong. This is not typical weather for us. Right now I think it is 2 above zero, and I am not looking forward to the ride home. At least this morning I could let my car warm up for a long time!
- I have been keeping up (mostly) with reading everyone’s blogs, but can’t seem to find the time to comment on them all. Congrats to everyone who had a new baby, bought a new house or got a new puppy!
- I hope to blog more often soon, but let’s face it, this is my busiest time of year!
Hope everyone is well!